Join us on February 16th 09:30-16:00 for the City of Sanctuary Health and Wellbeing Stream Day of Events including discussions around sanctuary seeker access to dentists and mental health needs.
This event is organised by Yorkshire, Humber and North East Health Stream of Sanctuary.
Programe – please attend any or all of the sessions of interest:
9.45-10.45 – Regional planning session setting targets for 2023, open to anyone from Yorkshire, Humber and North East and colleagues interested in how a regional network can operate
11.00 – 12.30 – Focus on sanctuary seekers access to dentists.
- Dentaid mobile van member of staff
- University of Plymouth dentist offering services to sanctuary seekers
- Simaa Jebabli, Chair of the Yorkshire, Humber and North East Regional Health Network discussing the frustrations of not being allowed to work, her work in Doncaster as a health volunteer and practical support she can offer. Also, the need for specialist support for refugee dentists to convert their training to UK context and qualifications.
14.00 – 15.30 – Mental health focus. Speakers include:
- Zaina Aljumma talking about the work she is doing for City of Sanctuary nationally.
- Anne Burghgraef from Solace sharing plans to create health champions nationally where passionate, interested people already working in the NHS and/or mental health sector will be provided with training and support.
- Launching the mental health sub-group of the national health and wellbeing stream with active members.